We raised $500 bucks!!
Thank you so much for coming to our FUNd Raiser!
With the community’s help we, ESIMBA, have been able to:
– Make connections with 10 different with land managers Local, State and Federal
– Build 5 New Trail Systems at 3 different locations in 2 counties. Well over 30 miles of trails
– Raffled off 7 bicycles
– Connected with 6 non-profit groups
– Provided 30 community service hours for local youth groups
– Signed 2 Memorandums of Understanding. Giving permission to build new trail
– Hosted 30 Take a kid Mountain Biking Days and 6 Fun Races
– Created a killer web site to help organize and locate Local Trails
– Met with local business owners and property owners to find ways to advocate for pedestrian safe ways to travel throughout our community
Our goals for the future are:
– Building a crossing from Shad Landing Campground, Snow Hill, to the Hudson tract, over Corkers
Creek, where we have trails. Now campers must leave to drive less than a mile to use trails
– Asking families to build more victory laps. Your own trail around your own home
– Making proposals to local governments to promote safe ways to school and complete streets that include trails
– Working on the Algonquin Cross County Trail this will connect Worcester and Wicommico counties around rt.12
The next meeting will be June 3, 7pm to 8pm at The Denk’s 22 Moonraker Rd. OP MD 21811
We will meet for 20 minutes. We will break into 3 committees, Trail Building Committee, Outreach and Event Committee, and Finance Committee. Each committee will meet for 20 minutes. Then we will finish the meeting.
Please join us in challenging the status quo and making our part of the Eastern Shore the greatest place to get outside and enjoy the ride.
Tres Denk President